As all of you know that Salesforce has made the changes to the PD II certificate so that Salesforce Developers can earn in an easy way. From 31-Jan-2017, Salesforce Platform Developer certificate can be done in 2 steps: –
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Pattern.
- Earn 4 Superbadges from Trailhead – Apex Specialist, Data Integration Specialist, Lightning Component Framework Specialist and Advanced Apex Specialist.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Pattern.
- 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions
- 120 minutes allotted to complete the exam (time allows for unscored questions)
- 63% is the passing score
Below is the list of component and materials(with links) that I did study before appearing in the certification exam.
- If I talk about the priority then I preferred the standard Salesforce study guide and trailhead trail mix to prepare and perform the hands-on challenges to get the clear picture of the concept. Salesforce Study Guide and Trailmix
- Secondary, I go through with the Quiz that is available on “https://www.proprofs.com” site. Note for this quiz is that please do not be stick to the answers of the Quiz. Do study/hands-on/investigate and then be sure about the answer.
Topics that need to go through to pass the certification: –
- Apex Design pattern
- Salesforce recommends the following training resources to guide your study:
- SOAP API Developer’s Guide: Standard Objects
- Apex Code Developer’s Guide: Using Salesforce Features with Apex
- About Advanced Currency Management
- Visualforce Developer’s Guide: apex:page
- Compound fields book in the SOAP API Development guide: Object Basics –Compound Fields
- SOAP API Developer’s Guide: upsert()
- Choosing the Right Automation Tool Trailhead. Workflow and Processbuilder
- Visual Workflow Implementation Guide
- Force.com Actions Developer’s Guide: Apex Actions
- Apex Code Developer’s Guide: Writing Apex – Classes, Objects, and Interfaces -Annotations
- Force.com Apex Code Developer’s Guide: Understanding Apex Managed Sharing Record-Level Access: Under the Hood.
- Designing Record Access for Enterprise Scale
- Force.com REST API Developer’s Guide: Getting Started with the Force.com REST API
- Introducing Force.com REST API
- Lightning Components Developer’s Guide
- Introducing Lightning Components
- Apex Code Developer’s Guide: Debugging Apex
- Developer Best Practices Checklist: Salesforce Developers Blog
- Visualforce Performance: Best Practices
- Apex Web Services and Callouts
- Salesforce Reporting REST API Developer Guide
- Salesforce Analytics API Hands-On Training Webinar
- Salesforce Development Tools
- Development Lifecycle Guide: Development Tools
- Force.com Tools and Toolkits
- Best practices for Unit Testing.
- Workbench and Translation Workbench.
- Chatter API
- SOAP API for community login() and upser()
- Transaction Control (Database.rollback())
- Continuation in VF page
- @future(callout=true) apex
- Callout from batch Apex. Database.allowcallouts
- Custom Setting and Metadata API.
- Error handling in VF page and Dynamic SOQL with page performance
- Opportunity Management -> Products, Pricebook and price book entry
- Order of Execution
- Security Model – Sharing rules, Permission set, OWD, Roles, and Profiles
Below are the links that I have referred: –
Eagerly waiting to hear your success stories. Please post your experience here.
If you have any questions please tweet me @ cloudyamit
Sharing is caring 🙂