This blog post is all about Account Team in Salesforce.
- The Account Team is simply a group of users who work on an account together.
- The Account Team can not be the owner of any Account Record
- Account Owners (or Admins) must grant record-level access to account team members for the Account object, and Related Opportunities, Contacts, and/or Cases.
- Account Team Members (Users) still need Object-level access to view/edit records
When to Use Account Team
- If more than one Users wants to work on the Same Account.
- If your organization is approaching your criteria-based sharing rules limits (50 on the Account object), or other sharing limits.
- If Account Owners need to grant manual “one-off” record access to individuals (similar to manual sharing in Classic).
Default Account Team
What is a ‘Default’ Account Team? A Default Account Team is a predefined team that the Account Owner can set up, which can then be assigned to an Owner’s accounts, when applicable.
- A User can only have one default account team.
- Using Default Account Teams is optional, and may not fit your Org’s use case
Things to Remember ( From Salesforce Ben’s Blog )
- Each Org only gets one ‘Team Role’ picklist, so choose the labels wisely.
- Account Teams work in combination with Sharing Rules and Org-Wide Defaults (OWD) and other sharing. They can only add access, not reduce access.
- You can use Process Builder/Flows to populate custom fields on the Account Team Member object from the User Record (such as Email, Phone).
- You could add custom fields for “Start Date” and “End Date” for the Account Team Member object for reporting.
- Keep in mind that each Account Team Member has a Unique Id (for each separate account). These IDs can be used for bulk updates.
- Account Teams could be rolled-out for a portion of the Org if desired, as Account Teams are only displayed on Page Layouts with the “Account Team” related list added.
- You can Add “Custom Buttons” to the Account Team related list (such as an [Account Hierarchy] button)
Here is the full video which will help you to understand the Account teams in Details.
#AwesomeAdmin #Salesforce #Admins #SFDCPanther