Welcome back! In this post, we are going to talk about how we can import the Custom Metadata Records in Salesforce Using Lightning Web Component/Flow Builder and Apex.
You can get the Complete code from Here
Features of the Solution
- Create Metadata Records in Bulk
- Update Metadata Records in Bulk
- Use LWC or Lightning Flow Builder to Upload the Metadata
To use this solution all you need is to prepare a .csv file
Tips to prepare CSV file
To prepare the .csv file you need to keep the below things in your mind.
- First Column will always represent the Label for the Custom Metadata
- All the Headers for the `.csv` file will be the Exact API name of the Fields that are associated with the Custom Metadata
- All Date Fields will be having the format `yyyy-mm-dd`
- All DateTime Fields will be having the format
- All Checkbox Fields will be having the value either `TRUE` or `FALSE`. No 0 or 1
To use the Lightning Web Component you can drag & drop
`Custom Metadata Uploader` component to the home page and then you can select your metadata,
browse the `.csv` and then click on the upload button.
Here is the sample screenshot
Thanks for reading 🙂