Welcome back! In this post, we are going to talk about how we can import the Custom Metadata Records in Salesforce Using Lightning Web Component/Flow Builder and Apex.
You can get the Complete code from Here
Features of the Solution
- Create Metadata Records in Bulk
- Update Metadata Records in Bulk
- Create Standard & Custom Object Records in Bulk
- Use LWC or Lightning Flow Builder to Upload the Metadata
Production Installation Link
Sandbox Installation Link
Post Installation Step ( Required )
After you have installed the application, you need to assign “Custom Metadata Uploader Permission Set” Permission set to all the users who will be using this solution.
Prepare CSV File
To use this solution all you need is to prepare a .csv file
Tips to prepare CSV file
To prepare the .csv file you need to keep the below things in your mind.
- First Column will always represent the Label for the Custom Metadata
- All the Headers for the `.csv` file will be the Exact API name of the Fields that are associated with the Custom Metadata
- All Date Fields will be having the format `yyyy-mm-dd`
- All DateTime Fields will be having the format
- All Checkbox Fields will be having the value either `TRUE` or `FALSE`. No 0 or 1
To use the Lightning Web Component you can drag & drop
`Custom Metadata Uploader` component to the home page and then you can select your metadata,
browse the `.csv` and then click on the upload button.
Here is the sample screenshot
Thanks for reading 🙂