QuickText is used to Save time for the user and increase the standard of messaging in Salesforce. With the help of QuickText we can save time while chatting, sending email, logging a call, working with knowledge articles.
An admin can setup the QuickText for the reusable messages like greetings, answers to common questions, and short notes.
Enable Quick Text
If you’re using Lightning Experience, the quick text is automatically enabled. If you enable quick text in Salesforce Classic, you can’t disable it. Quick text is automatically enabled in Salesforce Classic orgs where Chat is enabled.
From Setup, in the Quick Find box, enter Quick Text Settings and select Quick Text Settings.
Click Save button to save the configuration
Optionally, customize the categories used to organize quick text messages. Your default quick text categories are Greetings, FAQ, and Closings.
- From Setup, in the Object Manager, select Quick Text.
- Click Fields & Relationships, then click Category.
- Customize the values listed in the Category Picklist Values section, and save your changes.
Create Quick Text Messages
Create custom predefined messages to insert into emails, chats, tasks, events, and more. Quick text can include merge fields, line breaks, and special characters.
To create the quick actions, you need to have few permissions assigned to you at profile level or permission set level. You can find all the permissions here.
- To Create the Quick Text, Click on App Launcher
- Find Quick Text and Select Quick Text Object and then Click on New Quick Text to Create Quick Text
- Click on Preview to See how your Quick Action will look like
- Optionally You can also select the folder if you have created a folder and the Folder Field is Added into the layout
Insert and Use Quick Text
Use quick text to insert predefined messages on any standard or custom objects in Knowledge articles, Chats, Log a Call actions, emails, events, tasks, and social posts. Stop retyping the same message over and over, and save time.
If you’re using a U.S. or U.K. keyboard, you can enter a keyboard shortcut in the message field to open the browser:
Salesforce Classic macOS or Windows: ;;
Lightning Experience macOS: Cmd and . simultaneously Windows: Ctrl and . simultaneously
Happy Learning #AwesomeAdmin #Salesforce #SFDCPanther