Auto-response rules let you automatically send email responses to lead or case submissions based on the record’s attributes. For example, you can send an automatic reply to customers to let them know someone at your company received their inquiry.
Create auto-response rules for leads captured through a Web-to-Lead form and for cases submitted through a:
- Self-Service portal
- Customer Portal
- Web-to-Case form
- Email-to-Case message
- On-Demand Email-to-Case message
Create Auto-Response Rules
To create a response rule for cases, from Setup, enter Auto-Response Rules in the Quick Find box, then select Case Auto-Response Rules. On the Auto-Response Rules page:
- Click New.
- Enter the rule name.
- To activate this rule, select Active.
- Click Save.
Create Response Rule Entries
- Click New from the rule detail page.
- Enter a number to specify the order this entry is processed.
- The rule processes entries in this order. The rule stops processing at the first matching entry, and then Salesforce sends the email using the specified email template.
- Enter your rule criteria:
- Choose criteria are met and select the filter criteria that a record must meet to trigger the rule. For example, set a case filter to Priority equals High
- Enter the name to include on the From line of the auto-response message.
- Enter the email address to include on the From line of the auto-response message. This email address must be either one of your verified organization-wide email addresses or the email address in your Salesforce user profile. This email address must be different than the routing addresses that’s used for Email-to-Case.
- If you want, enter a reply-to address.
- Select an email template.
- If you’re creating a response rule entry for Email-to-Case, select Send response to all recipients to send auto-response messages to anyone included in the To and Cc fields in the original message.
- Repeat Step 1-9 for more rule entries
Complete Case Auto-Response Rule
Here is the video for the same