Recently I have passed my Integration Architecture Designer (SP20) exam. I this post, I will be sharing my experience and tips to pass the exam.
ABOUT THE EXAM
Below is the outline of the exam, the topics and the weitage
- Salesforce Integration Capabilities: 28%
- Salesforce Integration Patterns: 17%
- Enterprise Integration Architecture Concepts: 15%
- Salesforce Integration Testing: 10%
- Integrating with Salesforce Security: 15%
- Tools: 10%
- Monitoring: 5%
Note: – If you are looking for dumps then this post is not for you.
This is how I scored in the exam
How did I prepare for the Exam
I have been working with Integration from the last 4.6+ years and have implemented min 50+ integrations. Apart from that, I have referred the below links
- Architect Journey: Integration Architecture Trailmix by #Trailhead – I will highly recommend completing this trail mix and the end goal should be practical implementations not to complete trail mix. In the end, you will get the hands-on exercises that you can practice.
- Integration using Salesforce Apex – a Playlist by #SFDCPanther
- Integration Pattern by Jitendra Zaa in #ApexHours
- Integration Pattern Salesforce Developer Blog
- When to use Which API? SOAP vs REST vs Chatter vs Bulk vs Streaming
- Outbound Message in Workflow rule. Note: – Salesforce outbound message can get the acknowledge from 3rd party
- Named Credentials in Salesforce
- How to use Lightning Connect in Salesforce.
- Play with External Objects in Salesforce
- Canvas application in Salesforce Lightning.
- Concept of Certificate and Keys
- Use of ETL tool and ESB tool.
- MuleSoft Related Questions will be there
- Platform Shield Encryption
- Connected App
These are the above topics which had many questions in the exam. with this I wish you all the best for your exam and if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me here.
Some additional tips from my side
- 1-2 answers will always be wrong, eliminate them
- From the remaining 2-3, you have your answer.
- If you are not able to find the correct answer then find the wrong answers and remaining is your answer.
- If you are confused, go with salesforce native functionality.
- Always look for a declarative approach like the outbound message, an external object, lightning connect, canvas application. If the solution is not achievable then use middleware or ETL and then use Apex ( least priority )
Wish you all the best for your exam (Y) #ArchitectMindSet #AskPanther #SFDCPanther #SayNoToDumps #DoNotBlazeSuchCertification