In this video, we will talk about Manual Sharing and Apex managed Sharing.
Manual Sharing is used to share the record Manually. For Example, you are working on an Opportunity record and You need help from your colleague. In this case, you can share the record with him/her and take the help.
Manual Sharing is not available for Lightning Experience
Click here for Manual Sharing for Salesforce Lightning.
Apex Managed Sharing
- Apex Managed Sharing only works when the OWD is either private or Public Read Only.
- Apex Managed Sharing is used to share the records when you can not use Sharing rules.
- We do insert the Share Record using Apex trigger/class.
- Maintained across ownership changes
- Requires “Modify All” permission
In the video, I was showing when the Share Object will be available or not. So if the Object Have Any active Rule then Share Object will always be available no matter what OWD is.
Sharing Object Data Model
- “Object[Share]” for standard objects
- “Object[__Share]” for custom objects
- Fields: access level, record ID, the user or group ID
- Share records are not created for OWDs, role hierarchies, or the “View All” or “Modify All” permissions
Here is the full video for you where we have done the practical implementations.
Thanks for Reading 🙂 Sharing is Caring 😉
#AwesomeAdmin #Salesforce #SalesforceSecurity