In this blog post we are going to learn about queues in salesforce and how Queues take part in record level sharing.
What are queues in Salesforce?
- Queues in salesforce are used to prioritize, distribute, assign and share the workload among the team members who are sharing the workload.
- Queues are like a placeholder/area in Salesforce CRM which is used to store the records and users who are part of Queue can pick the record and work.
- Queues can be created for cases, leads, tasks, contact requests, orders, service contracts, knowledge articles, and custom objects
Why use Queue in salesforce
- Manage Workload among users.
- Easy to fill the gap if the user is on leave or sick.
- You can access all the records related to the queue from List View
Who can Join Queue in Salesforce
- Individual Users
- Roles + Roles & Subordinates
- Public Groups
Create a Queue in Salesforce
Go to Setup -> Queues -> New
Create a Lead Assignment Rule
Go to Setup -> Search for “Lead Assignment Rule” and Click on New
Here is the full video for step by step process to setup and test
Points to Remember
- The queue can not be used in Sharing Rule
- The queue can be record owner but Group can not be
- Any user added in Queue will be able to access all the records assigned to Queue
Thanks for reading 🙂
Sharing is Caring #AwesomeAdmins