In this post, We will learn all about Sharing Rules.
- Sharing Rules are used to open up the access to Salesforce Record on top of OWD and Role Hierarchy.
- Sharing rules only work if the OWD for the record is either Private or Public Read Only for any ( Default Internal or Default External ).
- When Sharing Rule is executed and open up the access to any record. Behind the scene, salesforce creates the record for Share Object.
- Share Object gets available for the object if the OWD is Private or Public Read Only.
- We can not share the Records with the user directly using Sharing Rules. But as a workaround, We can create a Public Group, add the user to the Public group and share the records with that public group.
Using sharing rules, we can share the records with –
- Public Groups
- Roles & Internal Subordinates
- Roles, Internal & Portal Subordinates
Here is the full video.
Thanks for Reading 🙂
Please do share, like and subscribe the channel.
#AwesomeAdmin #SFDCPanther #AskPanther